Sunday, March 25, 2012

"Got my swim trunks, and my flippie-floppies..."

The recent Boston heat wave has got my mind ALL over the place.  As soon as it starts getting warm in Boston, I automatically think a few things: 1. Finals must be coming up... I hate my life.  2. Marathon Monday?!?!?! and 3. Can it just be summer already?!  Tanning on the BU Beach is NOT the same thing as the Jersey shore.

Uhhhh yeah no.
Girls, you know this - flip-flops are a staple in every girl's spring and summer wardrobe.  I go flip-flop shopping once every few years (because finding Size 11 flip-flops is a more difficult task than finding a needle in a haystack), and I always seem to go back to the same pair.  I'm obsessed.  Havaianas TOP flip-flops come in ALL different colors, like black, tangerine, citrus yellow, amazonia, hot pink, ice violet, ice grey, white, ruby red, navy blue and dark brown, and each pair is only $18.  Each pair I've had has lasted me quite a few years.


Not only are the Havaianas flip-flops dirt cheap and super cute, they're rubber, so they're great for the beach and pool where getting wet is almost inevitable.  I've tried to wear my favorite Rainbows sandals to the beach, but the leather sandal + sand combination just doesn't work.  They also take FOREVER to dry - those of you who have accidentally gotten your Rainbows wet, you know what I'm talking about.  Havaianas flip-flops are made to get wet and dirty, and they take two seconds to clean.

The best aspect of these sandals are their versatility.  They match every outfit!!!  The colors are all bright and girly, and they're perfect for those days you want to bum around the beach with some bright rubber flip-flops kicking sand up the back of your legs.  JOKES, that's annoying and itchy.

If you want to get creative and spend a few more bucks, check out the Make Your Own Havaianas section of the company's website.  Customers are able to built their own flip flop and choose a sole color, strap color and pins and crystals to customize it however they want.  SO cute.

LOVEZ IT.
Do you own a pair of Havaianas flip-flops?  Would you build your own pair of flip-flops, or are the solid colors cute enough for you?  Comment away!

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this pair http://us.havaianas.com/womens-sandals/slim-pearl-mesh.html but can't bring myself to spend $70 dollars on them, I'd really appreciate your advice as to where to look for similar sandals or maybe a DIY post in the future?

    Thanks! Looking forward to the next post!

    ReplyDelete