Sunday, April 1, 2012

Situation: #chappedlipsproblems

Everyone gets chapped lips.  And it sucks.  The absolute WORST feeling in the world is leaving your house/apartment/dorm/etc. for the day, thinking you have everything you need in your purse, and then licking your lips, realizing that they've been dry and cracking, and you reach into your bag and realize you forgot your chapstick.  The world may as well end then and there because you just want to die.  Then, once you realize you forgot your chapstick, it's the only thing that can occupy your mind.  And it drives you CRAY.

I feel your pain, buddy.
Because I'm cheap, I use some of the cheapest lip balm products that exist (duh).  HOWEVER.  They are the best.  It's a proven fact.  Ask any girl on the BU Dance Teamand she will tell you the team's #1 choice of lip balm.  She'll also whip it out of her BU Dance Team backpack and ask you if you need it.  We're very generous girls.

I've been using Palmer's Cocoa Butter Swivel Stick, $2.77 at CVS, since sophomore year of college when another teammate of mine told me she swore by it.  Coming from a girl who lives her life quite... how do I put it... lavishly, this meant A LOT.  It's the best chapstick I've ever used, and I've used plenty.  I think it beats out popular names like Burt's Bees by a landslide.  Palmer's keeps my lips moisturized for hours, and the large tube of chapstick is easy to apply.  Sure, Palmer's is kind-of a ghetto company, but its cocoa butter products are ridiculously cheap and the best out there.


Another type of "lip balm" I use, preferably before I go to sleep and after I brush my teeth in the morning, is Vaseline.  Eeeewww, Vaseline Jelly, I know.  I've been swearing by it since my mom first bought it for me back in grade school for my lips.  Vaseline is one of the few products that has a million and one uses for it.  Even reading some of the uses in this article I realize there are more uses for it than I could have ever imagined.

A tub of Vaseline at CVS is $3.19 and it lasts FOREVER.  I don't even know how it's possible, but I've been using the same tub of Vaseline for the past year, and it's only the mini travelling size.  I can only imagine how long the normal-sized tub lasts.  Absolutely worth every cent.

Chapped lips, poison ivy, cracked skin, OH MY!

What are some other great chapstick brands?  Do you feel as though these aren't the absolute best out there?  Comment away!

No comments:

Post a Comment