Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Layering Bracelets: If you're not doing it, you're not cool.

Like so many young women out there, I fall into a new fashion-related habit almost every season.  I've been through SO many phases and wardrobes since I was a wee lad, and looking back at some of them now, I don't know how I didn't drive my mother to insanity.  Some of these have been super weird - like during my tomboy days back in the 90s, I refused to wear dresses, wore Nike every day and dreamed to be a WNBA basketball player.  I really don't know how I kept friends.  Obbbbviously, times have been a-changin', and since those times I've been "emo" with studded belts and black hoodies and slightly "hood" with name-plated belts and Phat Farm sneakers.  If my friends from home decide to dig up pictures for proof, I will disown them.

Somehow, I managed to turn out pretty normal.

Most recently, my latest habit has been mild in comparison with my childhood with a simple change in jewelry accessorizing.  While interning at Subversive Jewelry a few summers ago, I was HUGE on statement necklaces, and my jewelry collection grew exponentially.  This summer, I've put most of my necklaces on hold (besides my very very favorite Anthropologie bubble necklace) for an accessory switch-up.  This summer, I'm all about layering bracelets.  It's super easy and fast to throw on some colorful bangles with a solid colored tee, tank top or maxi dress when you need to quickly run out the door.  Plus, the sound bangles make when they hit each other is like playful chic, right?

And, for your viewing and buying pleasure, I've gathered some of my favorite cheap-ish bangles from my favorite websites.  The more you stack, the cooler you look.  It's a proven fact.

Enamel Bangle by Tinley Road (Piperlime, originally $26, now $14.97)



Zipper Cuff (Nasty Gal, $15)


Silver and Turquoise Bamboo Bracelet Set (Target, $16.99)


Zigzag Patterned Bangle Set (Forever21, $8.80)


ASOS Claw Cuff Bracelet (ASOS, $13.26 - VERY Pamela Love, don'tcha think???)


Breaking Free Aqua Bracelet by St. Eve (Threadsence, $20 - not a bangle but who cares? It's gorg.)


Pieces Marie Bangle Set (ASOS, originally $19.86, now $11.60)


Gold Wavy Enamel Bracelet (Target, $16.99)


My advice?  Buy them all.  Wear them all.  Love them all.

Thoughts on layering bangles?  Hate the clinking sound but love the trend?  Love the clinking sound but hate the trend?  Comment away!

4 comments:

  1. is that your hand in the picture? if so where is that ring from? i LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and thank you! It's from Pixie Market and it was $12.. recommended by a Refinery29 article!

      Delete
  2. When can we expect another post?! I love reading your posts! I've gotten alot of cute stuff and ideas from them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Casey! I'll be writing a new post tomorrow :)

      Delete