Friday, September 7, 2012

Situation: personalizedbronzerproblems

With the summer coming to a close, I couldn't be more lost in my emotions.  As excited as I am for fall outfits - perfect knee-high boots, oversized sweaters, and OF COURSE, endless amounts of leggings - I couldn't be more upset knowing that my tan will slowly fade away.  Three years ago, this wouldn't have been a problem.  Boston's Darque Tan on Commonwealth Ave. assisted me with a (very expensive and definitely overpriced) monthly unlimited tanning package and all was right in the world.  After giving up booth tanning for life, I now face the mid-season problem of pale skin.  And, well, it sucks... especially for a Jersey girl.

Bronzer has been a good friend to me for years.  While I've been buying my bronzer from my good friend Annie's makeup store, I may put my purchases on hold for the time being.  Why?  Because my little sister, Dariel, is obsessed with Pinterest and found a recipe to make your own bronzer and customize it for your personal skin tone.

The best part: IT'S TWO INGREDIENTS.

Sit back and observe.

STEP ONE:  Buy corn starch and cinnamon.  If you're living in the city and there's cheap dollar stores nearby, perfect.  The total cost of my purchase was less than $4.00


STEP TWO:  Mix 2 tbsp. cinnamon powder and 3 tsp. corn starch.


STEP THREE:  Use a large makeup brush and put it on!  VOILA!

It's seriously that simple.  If you don't believe me, splurge that whole $4.00 and try it out for yourself.  Even I can afford that.  If you're worrying that your face will smell like cinnamon, who the fuck cares?  Everyone likes cinnamon, and as soon as the weather starts getting colder, cinnamon will be like a fashion statement.

For those of you with darker skin, try adding half a tablespoon of cinnamon, or add however much you may think you need.

What do you think about this homemade concoction?  Think you'll try it out for yourself?  Comment away!

7 comments:

  1. Have you tried this and found it to work? Does it hold up well through out the day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I put it on for the first time yesterday morning and worried that I'd have to fix my makeup halfway through the day, but I didn't. And the smell of cinnamon goes away after a few minutes!

      Delete
  2. Hi Nicole,

    I visit your blog from time to time and noticed you cut your hair. It looks really nice. I also noticed a change in your about me section, it no longer states you date a basketball player. And your twitter update section said you like going on dates. Are you single? If so I'd love to take you out if you ever plan on visiting the Boston area again.


    Signed,
    Guy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm single, but probably won't be in Boston again for a long time! Thank you though!

      Delete
  3. I tried this and it actually works! I usually use sephora brand bronzer but this is so much cheaper! Thanks Nicole!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU, Casey! Pass my blog around to your friends! :)

      Delete
    2. I will! I saw on your feed your doing a blog on a skirt. You should do a video with it!

      Delete