Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Cheap S%$T Pick of the Week: Piperlime.com

I admit it.  I have a sick addiction.

The kind of addiction that once I start even thinking about it, I can't stop.  My adrenaline builds, I get this incredibly euphoric high, and all of a sudden I come crashing down.  I've tried to get my doctor-in-training sister to prescribe me something to get my mind off of it, but my disease in incurable.  There's no hope for me.  I will live the rest of my life knowing that I'll have to forcibly stop myself from pursuing this activity, or I'll be broke as shit.


Girls and boys, you know what I'm talking about.  Online shopping.  Especially with my fairly recent discovery of Piperlime.com

Piperlime is like the Zeus of online shopping.  No offense to Zappos, but I've completely switched to Team Piperlime within the past few months.  It has amazing brands, amazing prices, and most importantly, amazing sales.  The website includes both high-end brands and low-end brands but manages to have a fantastic selection of products when narrowing the search to Under $50.  When do you EVER see that?

One of the best features of Piperlime is free shipping both ways, with no minimum cost to do so (same a Zappos, but I just like Piperlime better).  My BIGGEST pet peeve (I really do have a lot of pet peeves, but this one is a biggie) is realizing that my shopping cart has $49 of items when I need $50 for free shipping, and nothing on the website is cheaper than $20.  I end up scratching my entire order out of frustration that one item would have blown my budget for me to receive free shipping on my order.

I've recently ordered this pair of flats from Piperlime, and I LOVE them.  So perfect for my fall flats collection.  They're called the Yvonna by Hive & Honey, and right now, they're $24.97 on final sale.  They also come in black with a brown ankle strap and red-and-"fall color" striped with a brown ankle strap.




So far, I've only bought purses and shoes from Piperlime, but they also have clothes, jewelry and accessories.  They also have a section with "picks" from style icons Olivia Palermo, Rachel Zoe, Rachel Bilson (wait where has SHE been???) and actress and model Byrdie Bell.  Another "Headlines" section puts certain clothes, shoes and accessories into specific categories like "Girl on a budget," "Fabulous flats," "Workweek chic," and more.

Word on the street is that Piperlime will be opening a store in New York City.  Needless to say, I'm pretty sure I'll be there once a week.

Have you had a great experience with an item from Piperlime?  Or do you prefer its sister brands - GAP, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta?  Comment away!

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget the video on how to apply liquid eye-liner =)

    ReplyDelete