Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Kicking Off the Summer with a Fresh Pair of... Blisters

First off, I'm back on my blogging grind!  My apologies to all my loyal fans out there, you know you have my heart.  So... I'm back.

Also, potential employers, HIRE ME!

Anyway.  Blisters.  They happen to all of us.

These look all too familiar.
You know that summer is coming in Boston when a few things happen: 1. The sun comes out.  What a novel idea!!!!  This is also the time when studying comes to an abrupt end and thoughts concerning final exams go down the drain.  2. Girls walk down Comm. Ave. wearing cut-off shorts and neon-colored crop tops.  Apparently, that's appropriate for lecture, but if I was a college boy, I would be a little distracted.  Many girls think they've escaped Boston University and are actually at Ultra Music Festival in Miami.  And 3. You stock up on your favorite band-aids in anticipation of those painful blisters that develop with the first sandal-wear of the season.  They're inevitable.  And every summer you think to yourself: pain is beauty.  Girls think this at least... I can't speak for boys so much.

My blog posts usually offer helpful advice for products to buy in certain situations.  This one's a bit different.  Every year when these irritating blisters begin, I think that blister band-aids will be the solution to my problems.  THEY ARE NOT.  Stay as far away as you can from Blister Band-aids.  Every time I've tried to wear one (or five if it's a brand new pair of flip-flops), it rips my blister completely off my foot.  You can imagine the pain this brings.  My solution to blisters is good old-fashioned band-aids with a little Neosporin.  As much of an annoyance those first few blisters are, they tend to harden as your feet get used to wearing open-toed shoes.  I usually alternate with different pairs of sandals as well as my dirty-white Converse and surprisingly-very-white lace-up brogues.

Here are a few pairs of cheaper sandals I've fallen in love with thus far this summer, and they are all the right shape of sandal to keep your feet relatively blister-free.

Deena & Ozzy Tubular Sandal (Urban Outfitters, $39)



Hardenburg (Aldo, on sale for $18.74)



Flossy Leather Sandals (Asos.com, $31)



Thick Strap Thong Sandals (Forever21, $14.80)



Are your feet over the initial shock of sandals yet?  Know of any super cheap but super cute sandals or flops?  Comment away!

6 comments:

  1. im a guy and we get blisters too from all the walking in boston so ill be using your tips. i have a personal question. do you have a boyfriend or are you single?

    Signed,
    Guy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! I'm currently in a relationship, but I'm very flattered. :)

      Delete
    2. Your welcome. youre still with the basketball player Dom? and just wanted to say great job with the blog, your really creative you should look into doing youtube videos about this stuff. you would most definitely get followers on ther and then you get paid for it, its extra cash in your pocket, just a suggestion.

      Delete
    3. Yes, I'm still with Dom. And thank you for your kind words! I'll definitely take the YouTube gig into consideration.

      Delete
  2. just ordered those from ASOS! Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete